Autodesk Fabrication CADmep Overview
Fabrication CADmep, Fabrication ESTmep, and Fabrication CAMduct software uses manufacturer-specific content to create more accurate detailed models, generate better estimates, and help drive MEP fabrication.
Produce more accurate estimates for MEP building system projects throughout detailing, fabrication, and installation. Use Fabrication ESTmep software to gain insight into project costs and generate competitive bids.
Create fabrication-ready models of piping, plumbing, or ductwork systems from design intent models in AutoCAD or Revit. Fabrication CADmep™ software is available stand-alone or as part of the Architecture, Engineering & Construction Collection.
Produce sheet metal components and control the manufacturing production line. Fabrication CAMduct™ software provides a comprehensive set of libraries of 3D parametric fixtures and fittings to meet manufacturing requirements.
Features of Autodesk Fabrication CADmep
- Added manufacturer content and patterns: Select from thousands of added imperial content items and pattern templates.
- Controlled renumbering: Use the Renumbering tool to exclude specific parameters, such as pallet number or order number, to assign identical item numbers to similar items. See Renumbering Items.
- Simple batch processes: Run batch processes to print reports, run scripts, and export data in a single command. See the BATCHDWGS command in CADmep Commands List.
- Enhanced Database Export/Import: Use a single command for database export and import and take advantage of optional insulation specifications and sections. See Importing and Exporting Services.
- Shared content libraries and databases: All Fabrication products share libraries and databases for a more seamless estimating, detailing, fabrication, and installation workflow.
- Manufacturer-specific content databases: Fabrication CADmep uses real product content libraries. Models succinctly mirror final construction.
- Extend design-intent models: Integrate with Revit or AutoCAD MEP import tools to lengthen the lifecycle of design models and help reduce model redundancy.
- Design Line detailing technology: Quickly develop detailed MEP designs with underlays and Design Line technology. See Design Line.
- Multi-service layout: Model, several similar services simultaneously to help shorten the model drawing process. See Multi-Service Line.
- Service validation and clash detection tools: Identify and rectify service issues, such as mismatched connectors, duplicates, and clashes, before fabrication.
System Requirements and Technical Details
- Supported OS: Windows 7/8/8.1/10
- CPU: 64-bit Intel or AMD multi-core processor
- Memory (RAM): 4 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
- Hard Disk Space: 2 GB
- .NET Framework : .NET Framework Version 4.7